Looking back on 2012:
I wish. that I could say. that I had amazing experiences in 2012. But instead I’m going to tell you the truth. The messy beautiful truth of what my year was like in 2012.
1. I read books. For the first time in a few years, I actually read quite a few books. All the way through. And I’m really proud of this. I read Dive from Clausen’s Pier, by Ann Packer, and it…in a way…really validated me and brought me joy. I read The Curious Incident of the Dog In the Nighttime. I read Page By Paige. I read The Bedwetter by Sarah Silverman. I read M is For Magic, by Neil Gaiman. In 2013, I want to continue reading. Not to sound like a dork or anything, but reading transports me to new places. Places that I want to be. I love to read.
2. In early December, Late November, I purchased some supportive / therapy CDs on social anxiety. I have to be honest: I have been slacking. I don’t want to slack. I want to listen to those CDs. I think they are really good, so far.
3. I stayed at my job. I have now been there for a little over 2 years. And I am ready to leave it, lol. Maybe that will come in 2013, I hope it does. Because its gotten to the point where it’s soul sucking.
4. In October, I got back onto facebook, after being off it for 10 months. I guess it’s OK. I just use it for what it is, to connect with old friends. Lately I have been on it everyday, and it’s pretty fun actually, lol. I just have to be careful. I have to use it in moderation and not get too wrapped up.
5. I became good friends with an ex.
6. I discovered new music. I danced. I joined things (and quit things – I am working on that). I drew pictures, I think I found my medium. I painted. I took many road trips. I did pen pal coaching. I bonded with my family. I came out of my shell. I gained weight.
Here’s to 2013. To not being hard on myself. For acceptance, gratitude, and self care. To more pen pal coaching.